Farmers Edge is a global leader in digital agriculture delivering cutting-edge solutions powered by a unique combination of field-centric data, artificial intelligence and complete integration. Since 2005, Farmers Edge has dominated the industry with disruptive technologies and strategic partnerships designed to enhance connectivity across the entire agricultural ecosystem. With the most comprehensive platform on the market-FarmCommand™-Farmers Edge is revolutionizing the way farmers, agricultural professionals and agri-businesses interact with data. Moving at the speed of digital with an elite team focused on innovation, machine learning and IoT, Farmers Edge is creating new opportunities for all stakeholders shaping the future of agriculture worldwide.
To learn more about Farmers Edge, visit FarmersEdge.ca.
Soil Sampler - Term
Location: North Battleford, SK and surrounding area. Specific location may be negotiable.
- F/T Term with possibility of extension
- Available for up to 40 hours/wk
- Available to work weekdays and weekends
Reporting to the Hub Operations Manager, the Seasonal Soil Sampler collects soil samples according to established methods and techniques using vehicles and quads with GPS equipment and soil sampling probes. They are responsible for ensuring quality control of samples and accurate recording of information.
Duties may include the following:
- Travel to assigned rural locations to take core soil samples from grower's fields;
- Record sample data accurately;
- Meet with supervisor regularly to discuss field conditions;
- Database administration and upkeep;
- Safe operation of motorized vehicles;
- Those services reasonably related the performance of the foregoing duties; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Valid driver's license for designated state of employment;
- Some agricultural experience would be an asset;
- Ability to carry up to 20 kg;
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.