BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service, and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.Your opportunity:
Our Prince George office is looking for a Receptionist to join the team on a full time basis and own the following responsibilities:
- Be the welcoming face of the office; simultaneously managing multiple calls and office visitors
- Processing cash and credit card payments
- Booking boardrooms for meetings as requested and coordinating catering requirements
- Ensuring reception area is opened/closed appropriately and maintaining appearance of reception area and meeting rooms (giving consideration to confidential materials related to client packages, mail, etc)
- Managing courier requirements for delivery and pickup
- Provide support for the administration team
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
- You understand our industry, challenges, and opportunities; colleagues describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, & are focused on effective service delivery to our clients
- You share in an inclusive & engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning & professional development.
- Experience in a professional reception role with a multi-line switchboard and general administrative duties is advantageous
- A Business Diploma, Office Administration course or similar is required
- Proven ability to multi-task, maintain confidentiality, ensure attention to detail and stay organized within a busy work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and over time as needed
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft office products
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- Firm success - We enable you to engage with the firm's strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- Professional success - We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
- Personal success - Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page.
Thank you to all applicants that apply. We will contact you if you are selected for a personal interview. No phone calls and/or agencies please. If you are applying for this role, you should have current legal working rights in Canada. As part of our interview process, you may be subject to background inquiries.