AdvanTec Manufacturing Canada is looking for an experienced and energetic Project Coordinator to join our Project Management Department in the Chilliwack, BC.
The Project Coordinator responsibility includes facilitation mid-high-level complexity projects (ERP product code level A and B) through the manufacturing facility. Coordinating with all departments to ensure the success of the project; key reports on time delivery, budget vs actuals and ensuring customer and quality specifications are all met. Reporting on project progress and communication with internal & external parties on project related issues.
Essential functions for this role are:
- Liaison to customer and work with sales on all communications with customers
- Responsibilities include on-sight client interface, PM/sales communication, contract/PO line items, reviewing estimates, scope and timeline. Set up and coordinate project plans, review progress to plan,
- Initiate and process change orders through PM, Sales, or to the client.
- Communicate with sales to the client and to internal stakeholders on project status, deliverables, forecasts to completion on a regular basis
- Coordinate work though the company, resolving project related issues.
- Monitors the costs of the project and relays cost overruns to the Sr. PM
- Customer and vendor visits when required
- Identifies long lead time items and other risk areas and provides options for risk mitigation
- Follows Baseline procedures
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve the projects objectives of cost, schedule and quality
- Supervises subcontracts to assure that all project goals are being addressed
- Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate their solutions
- Conduct project progress meetings with all parties involved in executing the project.
- Determine and implement the appropriate level of project control (ie: submittal logs, change order logs, etc.)
- Document substantial completion; manage the project closeout process to assure timely completion
If you have the following experience, qualifications and skills, we want to hear from you!
- B.S. degree in engineering, technology, manufacturing or Project Management and or,
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry
- Minimum 2 years’ experience estimating and managing complex manufacturing projects
- PMP or working towards PMP designation
- Proficient with computer software used in the manufacturing industry
- Understands means and methods of fabrication and manufacturing
- Has a working knowledge of fabrication techniques, metals, and machining
- Has a working knowledge of the cost of goods and services; has a demonstrated ability to solicit, evaluate and manage the price, schedule and quality objectives of individual projects (understands SPI/CPI curves)
- Can create a 3D visualization of the end product and knows how to get there
- Understands the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules
- Understands project cost control and change order management
- Understands contemporary software applications associated with managing and controlling workflow; proficient in Microsoft Projects
- Marine experience an asset
- Has a high attention to detail, very organized and goal focused
- Strong communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated team player who is committed to collaboration, personal growth and supporting a strong team culture
Who are we and why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization,
- Our full-time employees are eligible for our RRSP matching program and we have a great benefits package.
- We value our employees, and everyone has a voice in the organization.
AdvanTec Manufacturing offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at www.advantecglobal.com Thank you for your interest in AdvanTec Manufacturing Canada. We thank all applicants in their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted