As the world's leading insurance broker and risk advisor, Marsh is devoted to finding the opportunity in risk. Companies look to us to help them navigate the daunting global risk landscape, seeing risks others don't and unlocking opportunities others can't. With 22,000 employees and annual revenues approaching $5 billion Marsh serves more clients in more industries worldwide than any firm in our industry. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
Marsh is seeking a suitable individual to join our Remote Personal Lines Team as a:
Personal Lines Sales Representative - Group Home and Auto
What can you expect?
The Inside Sales Representative will focus on customer acquisition; this position involves taking incoming calls, group business referrals, or web leads which plays a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious revenue growth objectives. Sales Representative will provide prospective existing customers or new clients with all services and products offered, work with the client to create solutions for their needs and consult through the sales process.
As an inside sales representative, you will play a crucial role in establishing relationships and marketing our company’s brand in a way that is positive, honest, and professional. You must be comfortable handling a high volume of calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
What is in it for you?
Marsh Canada offers competitive employee benefits and a thriving culture to bring your authentic self to work
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, RSP (Retirement Savings Plan or TFSA (tax free savings account.) (regional specificity required)
- Generous Parental Leave and Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (regional specificity required)
- Entitled to 15 days of vacation, 2 personal days 1-2 floating holidays, time off to give back to your community, 10 sick days, and nine company holidays (with early dismissal).
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plans with choices to fit all needs and budgets
- Benefits from day 1
We will count on you to:
- Research and understand our product line and be familiar with each product’s function and purpose so you can confidently advise/educate the customer on their insurance needs.
- Listen attentively to consumer questions and provide answers that are knowledgeable and insightful to encourage the sale.
- Provide quotations, explain and select coverages based on a thorough needs analysis, prepare applications and submit in accordance with carrier guidelines and timelines
- Work with your team members to facilitate calls, manage work flow, and minimize hold times throughout the sales process.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert into sales.
- Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of lead.
- Qualifying leads from digital campaigns, references, onsite visits, etc.
- Close sales and achieve monthly revenue quotas
- Manage and prioritize workload to meet individual SLA, KPI and Quality targets.
- Participate in monthly meetings to discuss benchmarks, personal as well as team goals for the upcoming months
- Maintain a solid understanding of all product knowledge and underwriting guidelines for all major classes of Insurance and specialty risks that the Company offers or has available to its customers
- Maintain a solid understanding of the core aspects of relevant Insurance and related legislations
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain excellent customer service skills and etiquette
- Adhere strictly to the Company's Quality practices and other systems and procedures
- Comply fully with the Company's Errors and Omissions avoidance policy
- Comply with company policy for continuous professional development
What you need to have:
- College/university degree or equivalent work experience
- RIBO license
- Working towards CAIB or CIP considered an asset
- 3-5 years’ work experience in personal lines insurance
- 1-2 years’ work experience in sales is considered an advantage
- Relevant industry practice or Line of Business experience
- Experience working in a call center environment an asset
- Experience with The Agency Manager (TAM) considered an asset
What makes you stand out:
- Ability to work in a fast pace call center environment
- Dedicated to providing exceptional customer service
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to work within a team
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Marsh will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, feel free to contact Claudia Walter at (514) 231-0619 or Claudia.email@example.com
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.