Tofino Resort Marina has been renovated, refined and remade to be really, really rad. Now we need someone to tell our story. Are you one of those marketing unicorns with a bag full of magic tricks? Have you been looking for a way to live, work and play in Canada’s premier west coast destination? Do you realize the unleveraged tourism treasure trove that is Tofino’s only oceanfront resort and marina? If so, we have the gig for you. But only if you market like a madman or wild woman.
- You understand the need for a wide range of markets, from local events to global brand storytelling. Tofino may be small, but our reach should not be.
- You’re inventive, creative, mature, friendly and a total pro.
- You get it. Like, really, really get it. Tuned in, tapped in, smarter than the rest…but humble enough to not say it.
- You’re all in. You want your results to speak for themselves.
- Did we mention you need to be creative? Tofino is popular. Let’s stand out above the rest.
- Are you community-minded? We want to Tofino to flourish as richly as Tofino Resort Marina. When the tide rises, it floats all boats.
What You Do.
- Create and execute strategic Marketing Plan for Tofino Resort Marina and all of it sub brands.
- Develop and adhere to marketing budget and allocate/invest funds wisely
- Measure, analyze and report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals and ensure all marketing material is in line with our brand identity.
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Liaison between General Manager and our fabulous consultants on the Tofino Resort Marina team. Leapxd (Branding and WebDev), PlusROI (SEO, Ads, Online Strategy) Jeremy Koreski (Digital), Filter Studios (Cinematographers), our chief storyteller Mike Berard, Hawksworth Communications (Communications), Juice Group (Graphic Design) and Elena Jean (Social Engagement)
- Developing strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and drive qualified traffic to our front door
- Deploying successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels – content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis, and much more
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts our target groups
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies, and vendors
- Keep the community of Tofino and the world up to date with events. Work closely with department heads to drive strategic plans by department
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- BBA/MBA degree in marketing or a related field.
- 2-5 years of experience leading a marketing department
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate, and motivate
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Net Insight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
- Good taste, a sense of aesthetics (clean) and a love for great copy and witty communication
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Salary based on skillset
- Performance incentive
- 50% staff discounts at our on-site F&B facilities, no alcohol
- Free gym membership, Tuff Fit property
- Free Adventure Tours
- Free Flights via Harbour Air, Tofino – Vancouver
- Extended Health Benefits
- Friends Family rate on hotel rooms
- Team Events
- Discounted Accommodation
If you’re a service-oriented professional or simply a people person, send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.