Interested in a career at Langara College?
Our employees exemplify Langara's values of excellence, collegiality, innovation and integrity. If you think this position fits your qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
Current employee? Apply through Careers in your Workday account.
HR Operations Coordinator
Monday, June 1 2020
End Date (if applicable):
The HR Operations Coordinator is the primary liaison between incoming HCM queries to the People and Culture team. The HR Operations Coordinator triages Human Resources queries and tickets in support of full range of HR and payroll functions. In alignment to the collaborative support and sustainment model, this position works closely with Operational Excellence and People and Culture (“P&C”) staff to review, route, resolve and escalate Tier 1 Requests/Tickets. This position has broad, in depth understanding of P&C business operations combined with Human Capital Management (HCM) system functionality to promptly identify, assess severity, prioritize, and resolve Tier 1 issues independently. Upon identification, the Coordinator channels normal business requests, documents issues for ticket closure and collaborates with internal staff to resolution. Additionally, this position supports HCM system training, reporting, and documentation.
Qualifications Required:Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, information systems, or related field; or HR diploma supplemented with specialized courses in information management systems.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience providing issues resolution support in a unionized human resources environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge and experience with computer applications, and databases with the ability to identify and resolve difficulties with information input and retrieval.
- Experience working with an integrated HRIS such as Workday, SAP or Peoplesoft. Knowledge or experience with an ITSM spell out system is an asset.
- Experience writing reports using relational databases, reporting tools, and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of provincial and federal legislation covering Human Resource practises such as the Employment Standards Act, Freedom of Information/Protection of Privacy and Human Rights.
Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate to Advanced working level with MS Office (including MS Excel and Access).
- Aptitude to learn complex business applications or concepts quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to providing excellent customer service skills, responding to enquiries and providing information regarding processes, guidelines, or procedures.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and be able to meet deadlines and work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to exercise initiative in contributing input into improvement to departmental operations and service to clients.
To obtain the full job description, please contact our recruitment team.
$31.86 - $46.73 per hour
Admin Paygrade 07
Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Thursday, June 18 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest in Langara College and taking the time to complete an application. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Please be advised that due to the amount of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.