Hairdresser/Stylist Independent Operator
If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Hairdresser/Hair Stylist is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Hairdresser/Hair Stylist your typical day will impact the following ways:
- Provides hair salon services for male and female residents residing within care community.
- Books appointments with residents based on their requests, able to hand last \minute or walk-in requests.
- Manages accounting functions associated with hair salon i.e. invoices to residents, collection of payment.
- Promotes the provision of resident focused care in accordance with the organization policies, resident bill of rights and related philosophies.
- Provides care and services to the residents with respect to their senses, communication, activities of daily living and personal life style choices.
- Observes and reports resident conditions to the Registered Team on duty.
- Participates and contributes in all aspects of quality, risk, records and infection control measures.
- Deals tactfully and courteously with residents, resident’s family, visitors and staff in a positive manner.
Care Community Provides:
- On-site hairdressing salon equipped with chairs, sinks and dryers.
- Towels and laundry service.
- Weekly cleaning service.
Hairdresser/Hair Stylist Provides:
- Hair products, small equipment such as combs, scissors, rollers etc.
- Day to day cleaning of salon.
- Prices geared to seniors.
- Monthly rent fee to Care Community.
- Valid Hairdressing/Aesthetics license and provide copy of Hairdressing certificate.
- Proof of insurance coverage – $2,000,000.
- Experienced in providing hair salon services to seniors.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
- Registration in good standing with WorksafeBC (British Columbia).
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Bonus points for having:
- Experience in Long Term Care.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Job Type: Casual
- stylist: 1 year (Preferred)