Reporting to the President, the Director of Finance manages the accounting department, the staff dedicated to these activities and plays an advisory role to managers. The Director of Finance ensures the financial management of the company. He also ensures that the rules and policies of the company are in accordance with the laws. He is responsible for the budgets of his department and prepares annual forecasts.
The Director of Finance must work to mobilize his team, to value individuals and to ensure their development. He performs all other related tasks requested by his immediate superior, all in accordance with the internal procedures and rules.
TASKS RELATED TO THE FUNCTION
Financial Planning / Budgets 25%
- Direct and coordinate financial planning and budgeting
- Build, develop and update corporate budget on a weekly basis.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
- Participate in the preparation and follow up of the annual budgets of all departments. Also assist in the preparation and follow up of all financial reports related to the annual budgets that will be presented to the Executive President and/or funding agencies.
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Build, develop and update the organizational chart on a weekly basis.
_ General accounting 25%_
- Ensure the complete management of the accounting cycle and accounting tasks related to the financial statement (end of the month activities, quarterly activities, annual activities etc.).
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and audit requirements.
- Implement financial policies and procedures.
- Manage balance sheets, taxes, and the hedging transaction.
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations.
- Ensure the preparation of tax reports and other government reports.
- Review and ensure reconciliation of accounts is accurate. Produce reports and identify corrective actions or inherent risks.
- Manage payroll to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
Implementation of ERP System 25%
- Act as lead for ERP implementation for financial modules.
- Act as a liaison officer with the service provider.
- Liquidity management (bank accounts) 10%*
- Ensure budget control and cash management.
- Monitor cash flow and manage working capital by always having the necessary. funds in the appropriate accounts for the needs of the business.
- Prepare cash flow reports.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Management of employees 10%*
- Sets expectations and communicates them to his employees.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations.
- Approves holidays and absences of employees that are directly under his responsibility.
- Ensures the transmission and fluidity of communications within his team.
- Ensures the proper training and development of his employees.
- Ensures the recruitment of employees under his responsibility.
Accounts payable and receivable management 5%
- Verify the applicable exchange rate as well as discounts if applicable.
- Ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner.
BEHAVIOURS RELATED TO THE FUNCTION
- Share, adopt and demonstrate the mission and values of the company to be the spokesperson.·
- Demonstrate a spirit of synthesis and a pragmatic attitude to better define the issues and participate in the development of tangible and applicable solutions.·
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills, based on respect, diplomacy, and discernment.·
- Demonstrate professionalism.·
- Demonstrate a positive attitude at work, even in difficult situations.
- Be calm and resistant to stress.
- Have a good sense of planning and organization of work.
- Demonstrate good negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate extreme discretion regarding the nature of confidential records.
- Demonstrate good ability to organize activities and meet non-negotiable deadlines.·
- Demonstrate rigor and thoroughness.·
- Be able to perform various tasks requiring analysis and data comparison.·
- Have strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
ACADEMIC ASPECTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting with a recognized accounting certification.
- CPA or CGA accreditation. Relevant experience of at least five years in a similar position.
- Bilingual both verbally and in writing (French and English).
- Master the Office suite.
- Have a very good knowledge of Great Plains and SAP.
Job Type: Permanent
- Assurance Dentaire
- Assurance Invalidité
- Événements d'Entreprise
- Horaires Flexibles
- Programme d'Aide aux Employés
- Stationnement sur Place
- Tenue Décontractée
- 8 Heures
- related: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- CPA (Required)